Our local by laws reflect the culture and requirements of our region. In the event of a conflict with our USAPL National Rules, our bylaws take precedence. The order in which the rules should be used is as follows:
- Play 8-ball, 10-ball, 9-ball or any combination of two in our “Double Play" division.
- Divisions can be 3 matches, 4 matches or 5 match sets.
- Play call shot 8-ball and 10-ball. With no “slop” every player improves on their own merit.
- Players are assigned a Fargo rating which will determine the race for the match.
- The 8-ball, the 10-ball and the 9 are each worth 14 points for the winner and the opponent gets 1 point for every ball pocketed.
- Players win by making enough points to meet or surpass their "Race To" number.
- Every player racks for themselves
- All matches are alternating breaks.
- The 8, 10 or the 9 on the break does not win the game. The ball is spotted and play continues.
- All standard equipment, including jump cues, are permitted.
- Safeties must be called and, in 8-ball, end the shooters turn regardless of whether or not a ball is made.